Emily Wilkinson, Print Editor, Houston Business Journal
Nov 2, 2015
Houston Business Journal's 2015 Who's Who in Energy honorees, listed below, were nominated by their peers and selected by the newsroom. They represent all sectors of the energy industry, and those that service the industry such as lawyers, financial advisers and more.
The leaders below — as well as those selected in Denver, Dallas, Pittsburgh and San Antonio — will be featured in a special publication in the Nov. 27 issue of the Houston Business Journal available to print and digital subscribers.
Here are HBJ's 2015 Who's Who in Energy:
Michael Skelly, president and founder, Clean Line Energy Partners
- Bill Herbert, managing director and co-head of securities, Simmons & Company International
- Maynard Holt, co-president, head of E&P Investment Banking, Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Pete Cella, president and CEO, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Donna Cole, CEO and president, Cole Chemical and Distributing Inc.
- Peter Huntsman, president and CEO, Huntsman Corp.
- Martin J. Houston, chairman, Parallax Energy LLC
- Roy Lipski, CEO, Velocys
- Craig Stone, senior counsel, intellectual property, Phillips 66
- Lisa Davis, member of the managing board, Siemens AG
- Kevin McEvoy, CEO, Oceaneering International Inc.
- Michele McNichol, CEO, Wood Group Mustang
Finance, insurance and accounting
- William (Bill) Aimone, managing director, Trenegy
- Brian Baumler, director, Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P. C. (PKF Texas)
- Deborah Byers, U.S. Oil & Gas leader, Houston office managing partner, EY
- Charles Dewhurst, international liaison partner and global head, Natural Resources practice, BDO USA LLP
- John England, vice chairman, U.S. Oil & Gas leader, Deloitte LLP
- Mitch Fane, principal, Southwest Region Oil & Gas transactions leaders, EY
- Gerrad Heep, audit partner and Houston Energy industry leader, Grant Thornton LLP
- John Kunasek, national managing partner, KPMG LLP
- Jeanne Jankowski, executive vice president, head of energy and marine, Zurich North America
- Regina Mayor, U.S. national sector leader - Energy and Natural Resources practice, KPMG LLP
- Niloufar Molavi, U.S. vice chair, U.S. energy leader, Greater Houston market managing partner, PwC
- Sam Pitts, managing director, EnCap Flatrock Midstream
- Bob Schwartz, senior advisor, Cascadia Capital
- Evans Swann, senior vice president, group manager, energy lending, Comerica Bank
- Shane Torkelson, director, BKD LLP
- Douglas Atnipp, co-chair, Global Energy & Infrastructure practice, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- James Barkley, partner, Baker Botts
- Gregory M. Bopp, partner, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Geoffrey H. Bracken, partner, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Rick Burleson, partner, Burleson LLP
- Thomas Campbell, partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Andrew Calder, partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Buddy Clark, partner, Haynes and Boone LLP
- Louis Davis, partner, chair of North America Oil & Gas practice, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Phillip Dye, partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- William Garner, chair, Renewable Energy practice, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- John Goodgame, partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Gillian Hobson, partner, Vinson & Elkins
- W. Garney Griggs, partner, Strasburger & Price LLP
- Richard B. Hemingway Jr., partner, Thompson & Knight LLP
- Donald Hueske, of counsel, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Michael P. Irvin, U.S. head of Energy Transactions, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Daniel Johnson, partner-in-charge, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Gary Johnson, partner, Reed Smith LLP
- John R. Keville, Houston office managing partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Jeremy Kennedy, partner, Baker Botts LLP
- Chris LaFollette, partner in charge of the Houston office, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Glenn R. Legge, partner, Legge, Farrow, Kimmitt, McGrath & Brown LLP
- James Loftis, partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Mark Metts, partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- W. James McAnelly III, partner, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Rodney Moore, corporate partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Tom Paterson, partner, Susman Godfrey LLP
- David Patton, partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Michael Pearson, partner, Jackson Walker LLP
- Alfredo Ramos, partner, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Carlos Sole, partner, Baker Botts LLP
- Craig Stahl, partner, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Bill Swanstrom, partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Hugh Tanner, partner, Morgan Lewis
- Bob Thomas, partner, Porter Hedges LLP
- Cliff Vrielink, partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Sean T. Wheeler, vice chair of Global Corporate department and global co-chair, Energy – Oil & Gas industry group, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Dorothy Ables, chief administrative officer, Spectra Energy
- Gary Conway, president and CEO, Vaquero Midstream
- Kimberley Dang, vice president and CFO, Kinder Morgan Inc.
- Steven Kean, president and CEO, Kinder Morgan Inc.
- Ken Owen, president and CEO, Moda Midstream LLC
- Jim Teague, COO and future CEO, Enterprise Products Partners
Oilfield equipment and construction services
- Holli Ladhani, CEO and president, Rockwater Energy Solutions
- Chaden Lassoued, CEO, Kinetics Energy Services
- Daniel Molinaro, CFO, DistributionNOW Inc.
- R. Scott Rowe, president and CEO, Cameron International Corp.
- Peter Shaper, CEO, Greenwell Energy Solutions
- Cindy Taylor, CEO and president, Oil States International Inc.
- Robb Voyles, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, Halliburton Co.
- Robert Workman, CEO and president, DistributionNOW Inc.
- Susan Pye, president and founder, Pye Legal Group
- Tobias Read, CEO, Swift Worldwide Resources
- June Ressler, CEO and founder, Cenergy International
- Tom Simmons, manager, Spencer Stuart
- Chad Hester, managing director of Houston office, Korn Ferry
- John Christmann IV, CEO, Apache Corp.
- Helene Harding, vice president, ConocoPhillips
- Leon Hirsch, vice president of land and business development, Woodside Energy (USA) Inc.
- Vicki Hollub, president, Oxy Oil and Gas
- Sylvia Kerrigan, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, Marathon Oil Corp.
- Matt McCarroll, CEO, Fieldwood Energy
- Alan Morgan, president and founder, Remora Oil Co.
- Jeanine Piskurich, manager, BP America Production Co.
- Alan Smith, CEO, Rockcliff Energy
- Candice Wells, vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, Linn Energy LLC
- John Walker, CEO, EnerVest Ltd.
- Kiki Dikmen, managing partner, Choice Energy Services Retail LP
- Bob Flexon, CEO and president, Dynegy Inc.
- Tom Gilpin, CEO, Entrust Energy
- Elizabeth Killinger, NRG
- John Ragan, NRG
- Jeff Starcher, chairman and CEO, MP2 Energy LLC
Emily Wilkinson leads the weekly edition of the Houston Business Journal, including special publications, centerpiece stories, Focus sections and the Deal of the Week. Follow her on Twitter for more.