Hello, Pink Petro Community, I’m the organization’s newest team member, serving as Community Manager. My role is to bridge the gap between our members and the industry, and with Katie’s vision of making Pink Petro the premier energy organization, it serves as my guiding light in this ongoing campaign. So please, join me in this quest by leading me to the industry’s go-to resources by shooting me a quick line at email@example.com. Let me know your thoughts, concerns, and questions while I pick up steam in this new role.
Aside from this introduction I also wanted to let our community know about the successful Live Programming of the Energy and Manufacturing Forum held Oct. 26 on Pink Petro TV. So many of our members tuned it to hear The Consumer Energy Alliance's thoughts on the critical need for responsible energy development in the context of jobs, the economy, the revitalization of the U.S. domestic manufacturing sector, and increased energy security.
"This event really showcased future opportunities for the tri-state region, thanks to the Marcellus and Utica, as well as the many ways local businesses and unions are already thriving, thanks to this resource under their feet. The ability Pink Petro has to broadcast these important discussions to audiences around the world cannot be understated - energy knows no borders," Brittany Thomas
- Coordinator, External Affairs - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
The event, held at Oglebay Park’s Wilson Lodge, was attended by the media along with:
• West Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Sen. Bill Cole
• U.S. Representative David McKinley
• George Stark, Director of External Affairs for Cabot Oil and Gas
• Bob Orndorff, Senior Policy Advisor, State & Local Affairs for Dominion
• Toby Mack, President and CEO of Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance
• Brian Joseph, CEO of Touchstone Research Laboratory
• Derrick Williamson, West Virginia Energy Users
• Steve White, West Virginia State Building and Construction Trade Council
• Justin Gray, Business Manager, LiUNA Local 1149
• Kyle Brown, President, Upper Ohio Valley Building Trades Council.
“Energy is highly regulated, and policy makers at federal and state levels are the ones that determine what the energy impact is going to be. Their decision affects every energy consumer at home, the price at the pump, the price of electricity, and we want to give voters a chance to hear their stance on the issues before they go vote,” said Michael Whatley, Consumer Energy Alliance.
Whatley asked the public to consider how this election and its winner affects all aspects of the energy industry. The point of the forum is to bring both Democrats and Republicans together to discuss their vision on energy in America.
This live event was sponsored by Cabot Oil and Gas Corp. as a part of our Energy Perspectives Series. Look for more events of this nature in our education, development and events calendar for more information. Interested in Energy Perspectives on Pink Petro TV? Click here.
Watch the video here: Pink Petro TV: Consumer Energy Alliance Energy & Manufacturing Forum
The election commentary starts at the 3.02 mark.