Plus, our esteemed speakers will be laying the foundation for the new energy playbook, with stories of growth, resilience, innovation and transition. You don’t want to miss the experience everyone in energy will be talking about!
In both Houston & Denver, Dr. Jen Welter, the first female coach in the NFL, will offer examples from her own life in sports along with practical advice on making an outsized impact — with humor, passion, commitment and grit.
Melody Meyer, president of Melody Meyer Energy and board director for BP and NOV, will keynote our presentation of the first-ever GRIT Awards, honoring the women who lead and the men who advocate for their progress in energy.
In Denver only, you’ll hear from Jeannette Jones, engineering manager of Noble Energy, who will dig into what it means to get gritty about energy. And Luke Clemente, an entrepreneur and former GE executive, will talk about growth opportunities — for your company and your career.
Plus, we’ll have remarks from Colette Honorable, former FERC commissioner and partner at Reed Smith; Angie Gilder, partner at KPMG; and Lia Fields, engineering technician for Halcon Resources and board member of WOGA and Lean In Energy.
To be announced soon! A welcome message from a VERY special guest.
The Energy Transition: A New Future Awaits Us
In both Houston & Denver: This panel will focus on the new future of energy. What companies are leading the way in the fight against climate change and making investments into the next generation technologies? This panel of companies and entrepreneurs across industry lend their thoughts.
- Speakers in Houston: Pratima Rangarajan, CEO OGCI Climate Investments; Claire Broido Johnson, president of CBJ Energy and founder of SunEdison; Holly Hanbury-Brown, Mercedes-Benz Energy Americas LLC
- Speakers in Denver: John Baffes, senior economist, World Bank; Meghan Nutting, VP of government affairs, Sunnova Energy; Susan Peterson Sturm, digital leader, ABB; Jen Martin, senior planning analyst and Women’s Initiative Leader at Encana
Resilience and the Race to Reinvent
In both Houston & Denver: The last few years in the global energy value chain have proven that the rigid falter and the resilient survive. Is your company resilient? What does it take to build a resilient and healthy workforce, culture and community in the face of crisis and change?
- Speakers in Houston: Aimee Blaine, SVP of engineering, Aera Energy; Deanna Jones, chief human resources officer, Marathon Oil
- Speakers in Denver: TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Using Innovation to Unlock Opportunity
In Houston: This panel will focus on energy innovation. With new technology and discoveries every day, energy companies are pushing the limits of what we thought possible. But the scale of the challenge that remains presents one of the most demanding tasks ever undertaken.
- Speakers: Allison Lami, chairman of the board, Rebellion Photonics; Brian McShane, senior vice president, INTECSEA Americas; Marie Mouchet, chief information officer, Colonel Pipeline
Growth While Managing Risk: New Opportunities of Expansion
In Houston: As we look to the future, it’s not necessarily the ability to scale your business as much as it is knowing “where” and “when” to scale your business and how to manage risk. Where are the growth opportunities and risks in your organization and career? What new mindsets are needed to drive the industry through this growth?
- Speakers: Emma Wild, energy practice leader, KPMG UK; Kate Sherwood, senior director of grid modernization, 3M Electrical Markets Division; Colleen Layman, Vice President, HDR Inc.; Galina Antova, cybersecurity expert and entrepreneur, Claroty
Communication in the Digital Age of Transparency.
In Houston: In this #MeToo and #TimesUp world, the social age is unraveling truths and fake news and changing how we engage and more importantly, share and use our voices. This panel will include external media, industry, legal and other experts to talk about how communication and information are changing the way companies do business, manage employees and drive advocacy.
- Speakers: Danielle Hunter, executive VP, general counsel and chief risk & compliance officer, C&J Energy Services; Dr. John Reed, PhD, executive coach, industrial psychologist and author; Laura Noble, managing partner, The Noble Law Firm; Tyra Metoyer, External Mobilization, Energy Nation