This McKinsey blog post (free subscription required) discusses how organizations can more actively monitor their talent pipeline of women and take steps to combat internal barriers. Their concrete recommendations are:
- Actively monitor women's ascendency through their talent pipeline, from entry to the organization to the top.
- Build skills of resiliency among women as they move up, citing some of Carol Dweck's research from her book MindSet.
- Making sure women have access to sponsors in the organization.
- Rooting out unconscious biases within the organization.
- Examining and breaking down internal policy barriers.