This blog post by Rachel Miller, a software engineer at Asana, has some very practical tips for supporting diversity in technology. I though the tips applied to the energy sector as well. Below are some of the highlights:
- Provide mentors to provide two-way teaching
- Use the company mission and values to recruit
- Encourage two-way dialogue through feedback and reflection
- Take a holistic view of work-life balance
- Give employees a chance to explore their interest/passions
- Support multiple notions of what success means
The article is thoughtfully written and speaks to the power of diverse perspectives.