1. Plan ahead. Spend a few minutes each night to plan out the next day. This not only keeps you organized but keeps your mind free from worries, and you’ll be able to get a better, more refreshing night's sleep. This in turn will prepare you for a very productive day!
2. Work smarter not harder. Putting in more hours at the office to boost your productivity will lead to a quick burn out. When that deadline is fast approaching, designate a “Do Not Disturb” hour where you only focus on the task at hand.
3. Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize. Weather you number 1-10 in importance or you cluster the tasks in groups, being able to visualize the work at hand will help you determine the time you need to put into it.
4. Take a break and get moving. It's a proven fact that exercise releases endorphins which can bring clarity to your work. Weather you go for a 30 minute walk or just a quick call to a loved one, doing so will give you that extra push to finish out your day.
5. Start a routine and stick with it. Getting your body in sync with work hours, meal times, sleep will help you transition from one thing to another seamlessly. Your routine doesn't need to be rigid, but should be followed fairly closely. As you establish your routine, you will find yourself finishing tasks more quickly and efficiently.
6. The power of No. Learn how to say no to things not on your list. Focus only on what you have on your list and stick with it until it's completed. If it's not absolutely necessary, get rid of it.
7. Kick perfection to the curb. Returning to a project that is already complete in order to make it perfect is a time waster. Do your best the first time around, and then leave it. Don’t miss the big picture by focusing on the small things.