There’s a lot of advice articles and blog posts going around right now about how to boost your productivity at work. Lists of ways to increase productivity by what you eat, what exercises you do, or even what you use as your desktop background.
Would you believe me if I told you that the most important thing to do to increase your work productivity happens even before you get to work?
The number one thing that you can start doing right now to boost your productivity is. . . to create and follow your own morning routine.
It may sound too simplistic to say that all your productivity at work depends on whether your morning schedule is right for you or not. However, multiple studies show that, if you start your morning off right, the rest of your day will follow suit!
Here are just a few ways you can dramatically improve your morning routine today to have a better, more productive day at work tomorrow!
- Set your alarm for when you need to get up and resist the temptation to hit that snooze button!
- Make a habit of exercising in the morning to get your blood pumping and keep yourself alert.
- Leave time every morning to eat a healthy, protein-filled breakfast to boost your brain’s focus and productivity.
- Set your goals for the work day before start your work day so you’re more organized and motivated.
- Write down a list of things you’re grateful for before you go to work to give yourself an optimistic outlook and an inspired mindset!
Each of these five suggestions, when implemented correctly into your morning routine, will help you to be more disciplined, happier, and more focused at work!