How do you plan to make your best impression?
How you do you plan to connect and engage with new people and opportunities?
How do you plan to be remembered?
OTC is a big, huge rush of activity and opportunity -- seems like everyone is racing to and from somewhere. Making it far too easy to blend in and go unrecognized. But you can make the most of this short opportunity.
What can you do?
Plan what you’re going to wear so you don’t blend in.
- What events will you be attending?
- Who will be there?
- Are you speaking?
- What impression do you want to make?
- Don’t merely reach for the tried-and-true black jacket/pants combo - they're business-world camouflage.
- Wear color in the way of a jacket or a dress which will combine and yet contrast with a black jacket or dress.
- Look for some pattern (like narrow stripes) to contrast with it.
- If you’re wearing pants, add a blouse in a color to contrast with them and the jacket.
- Beware too much cleavage - check that v-neck before you leave the house.
- Accessories can add a final touch, but don't expect them to save the outfit. Making an effort to include more visual interest in your outfits will power up your engagement and bring more lasting results to your connections.
Stand out and be noticed - this is your time.#
Who knows who you’ll run into and what opportunity might come from it?
And, if you need help, I’m available this weekend. Contact me and let’s get started!