Community & Industry News

katie.mehnert
I haven’t seen that sky in days. It’s been all rain. So much rain. But here it is.   Many energy families in Houston are dealing with massive losses right now. Since the start of the storm, Pink Petro has leveraged our wide network of resources to connect people to what they need: rescues, meals, and shelter. We will continue to as recovery… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
I'll never forget the first time I took an Uber.  It was when Uber was undergoing a major lawsuit by several cities.  When you think about it, the company has been a disruptive force since it's launch.  And since, it's been marred with litigation on so many fronts.   One might ask how does a company like this survive?   Most don't.   A culture… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. OPEC meeting today with non-cartel meetings to discuss compliance to supply cuts.   OPEC is holding a technical meeting with non-cartel members in Vienna today (Monday) to discuss compliance levels on the previously agreed upon supply cuts.  Russia is the largest non-cartel member, and agreed to work with the cartel to reduce production through… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Pink Petro Staff
Businesswire Pink Petro Partnership Aligns with “CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™” Pledge ST. LOUIS (August 16, 2017) – Emerson (NYSE: EMR), the global engineering and technology company, has partnered with Pink Petro to support women professionals in energy industry jobs. Based in Houston, Pink Petro is a global community of men and women… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Kat Boogaard
As one of the leading women in energy at  Emerson Automation Solutions, a business of global technology and engineering company Emerson, Lorrie Alvarez Thompson undoubtedly has a lot on her plate.   In her role, she’s responsible for directing a global team in different world areas and managing everything from customer service to business… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. Oil prices fall on news of shaky Chinese demand.   Oil prices are down today after news of a slowdown in Chinese refining.  Chinese refineries processed 10.71 million barrels per day (bpd) in July, down approximately 500,000 bpd from June according to National Bureau of Statistics data.  This is the lowest level for China in nearly a year, and… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
Recently, US Energy Secretary, Rick Perry, called for a study to look into whether renewable energy threatens “baseload” power plants (generally coal and nuclear).  In the request, Perry expressed concern that current government policies that subsidize the development of renewable energy are leading to the closure of baseload plants.  In his memo… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Pink Petro Staff
Winston & Strawn has been named to Working Mother magazine’s 2017 list of the “Best Law Firms for Women.”  The annual list, now in its tenth year, recognizes 50 U.S. law firms for their commitment to creating women-friendly workplaces through policies that support work-life balance, as well as the advancement, retention, and promotion of women.… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
Several years ago when I was working at Shell, I was in our London office.  The CEO at the time, was riding up in an elevator full of employees.  I had no idea Jeroen van der Veer was our chairman and CEO.  I just knew that he was about to trip on something so I decided to do what we were expected to do: intervene.   Yes, I intervened on a senior… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
My hats off to Google.  Really.  They've built an amazing company that we all look to every day to help us find what we need.  And they were heralded for a while as the diversity leader in Silicon Valley. Recently the company has been under fire for pay gaps between its female and male staff and then this weekend an unidentified software engineer… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Kat Boogaard
There are those people who do amazing things in their careers. And, then there are those people who take things one step further. They don’t just climb the ladder themselves—they also turn around and offer tools, resources, and encouragement to help other people make their way up each and every rung.   Without a doubt, Ally Cedeno fits into that… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. ConocoPhillips is looking to expand drilling in Alaska Colville River Unit.   Alaska officials recently proposed a deal that would allow ConocoPhillips to expand an existing North Slope oil field into an area with large discoveries of oil reserves.  There are some catches to the deal though.  To offset the revenue they would have received by… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
Today, I want to look into the idea that renewable energy is the new leader in producing jobs and fossil fuel jobs are decreasing or no longer needed.  This thought is generally held by those in the renewable sectors and those pushing for the move to green energy, and it picked up a lot of momentum with the recent report that was published by the… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Load more items