Community & Industry News

Jessica Patin
Last year was my first time attending LAGCOE, a biannual event in Louisiana that includes speeches from oilfield industry leaders, prospective technology and lots of professional networking.   As I sauntered through the Cajundome and the neighboring Convention Center, I soaked in all that I could. I was thirsty to understand the ins and outs of… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
When Pink Petro launched in 2015, it was not long after oil prices plummeted. The industry was reeling, and we sensed the time was right. We knew that when energy bounced back — and we knew it would — it would need to bring with it a new approach to talent and culture, with diversity and inclusion foremost in mind.   Some companies got it,… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
Halliburton, a valued Pink Petro community sponsor and corporate member, is publishing a series of videos across social media as part of a campaign to highlight the impressive women in it's ranks.    This week, we meet Ashley Clark, an opportunity to cash analyst at Halliburton. With her mother being an engineer and her grandmother a science… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
This week in Profiles in GRIT we meet Michelle Lewis, who was until very recently the chief strategy officer, SVP of corporate development and investor relations for DNOW, a publicly traded supply chain solution company with annual revenues of approximately $3 billion.   We say “until recently” because Michelle has just embarked on a new chapter… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
What is “dopeness”?   Khaliah Guillory, a professional speaker and coach, gets asked that question a lot. Inspiring “dopeness” is her value proposition, but it comes with a learning curve for most of us.   It certainly did with Khaliah, our guest this month on Coach’s Corner on May 10. (Register here— Coach’s Corner is always complimentary for… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
NES Global Talent joins Pink Petro to help diversify the energy workforcePartnership solidifies NES corporate commitment to providing top talent to oil and gas, chemicals, power and more ALTRINCHAM, UK — (May 8, 2018) — NES Global Talent, an international staffing firm specializing in technology and engineering recruitment across multiple… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
Earlier this year, our friends over at Women Offshore — an online organization whose mission is to shine a light on women in the offshore and maritime industries — launched a monthly podcast.   In the most recent episode, Ally Cedeno, founder of Women Offshore, interviews Chief Officer Alaina Basciano, on board the USNS Henson, an oceanographic… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
This week in Profiles in GRIT — our opportunity to highlight the winners of our first-ever GRIT Awards earlier this year — we introduce you to Jamie Glas (at left in the photo), owner and managing director of HauteWork (formerly Hot Stuff Safetywear).   If you came to the GRIT Awards presentation during HERWorld, you may remember our founder and… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
Every three years, the World Gas Conference attracts some of the brightest minds in energy. This year is no different, and as a social media partner for the 2018 event, we are introducing you to some of the formidable women who will be speaking in Washington, D.C., at the end of June.   First, we’d like to introduce you to Kimberly Harris, chair… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
“I started my own company because I wanted my seat at the table.”   Those words — spoken by Elizabeth Rogo (at left), founder and CEO of TSAVO Oilfield Services — brought a hush over the room Tuesday at Energy in the Age of Inclusion, the latest experience from Pink Petro.   Elizabeth was one of the speakers on our Energy Disruptors panel,… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
This week, we continue our series Profiles in GRIT.   This is our opportunity to highlight the winners of our first-ever GRIT Awards back in March at HERWorld Energy Forum. They are the difference-makers in energy — the industry leaders who embody growth, resilience, innovation and transition in a transparent world.   Now we'd like you to meet… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
When Michele McNichol stepped away from Wood Group, she called it “retirement.”   She was considering a departure from the industry, but she knew full well she wasn’t retiring from an active career in some respect.   “I knew I wasn’t done, but it was time to step back and reassess what I wanted to do,” Michele explains.   Michele had been… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
Halliburton, a valued Pink Petro community sponsor and corporate member, is publishing a series of videos across social media as part of a campaign to highlight the impressive women in it's ranks.    This week, we meet Amy LeBlanc, a technical professional at Halliburton. "Don't let anyone tell you you can't do something," she says. "There's no… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Load more items