Community & Industry News

David Feldman
1. Legendary oil tycoon Pickens closing his energy hedge fund.   Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens has struggled with health problems as he ages, and is finally throwing in the towel on his energy focused hedge fund after a 22 years.    “It’s no secret the past year has not been good to me, from a health perspective or a financial one,” said… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. Oil prices flatten out as rising US output offsets OPEC worries.   After hitting $61 per barrel, the highest prices we’ve seen since 2015, oil is leveling off this week and holding steady.  Oil prices saw little change today as political concerns in some OPEC nations offset projections for higher US oil production.  Ongoing protests in Iran,… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Josh Levs
Josh Levs is the top global expert on modern dads at work and a past keynote speaker at HERWorld. You can learn more about Josh and his work here.   For more than a year now, I've been saying there are hopeful signs that no matter what goes on in Washington, we the people still have the power to move our culture forward. Last night's Golden… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Ashley Baich
Ashley Raborn’s career is a testament to the power of hard work and a strong network — and starting early with both.   Ashley, a functional analyst at ConocoPhillips, majored in industrial engineering and management at Oklahoma State University while minoring in mathematics.  She was an active part of the college community there and a member of… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
There's nothing I love more than to see women in our industry get the attention they SO deserve.   Up until a few years ago, this space around women in energy, visibility, and influence was pretty status quo.  No one knew about women in energy unless you were IN energy.  It was a very insular sector and why I got out of the corporate chair and… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Amy Futral
For Suzanne Short, a former longtime ConocoPhillips employee, her junior year of high school in Houston, Texas, was a turning point for her future career.   That year, she attended a recruiting fair for the Society of Petroleum Engineers – Gulf Coast Section (SPE-GCS), which brings together students, recruiters, and engineers for scholarships,… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
I’m ready.   2018 is here. We’ve got so much work to do. So many exciting experiences on the calendar. So much potential for impact in our immediate future.   And I’m ready for it — all of it.   2017 threw our industry and so many of our members for a loop, but the best way to roll with work and life is to come back from it better, stronger… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
katie.mehnert
Pink Petro is on a mission to find the difference makers...women and men who are creating the new future for energy.   A GRIT award is for the unsung leader that is down in the trenches getting the job done regardless of what recognition may or may not come their way.    The furthest thing from a ceremonial award, the GRIT awards recognize… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. Oil prices have the strongest opening since 2014.   2018 is off to a good start.  Oil prices posted their best opening to a year since 2014, with crude rising to mid-2015 highs.  Prices have been driven by large anti-government rallies in Iran and ongoing supply cuts led by OPEC and Russia.   U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
1. Oil prices hits $60 a barrel for the first time since June 2015.   Oil prices jumped levels we haven’t seen in over 2½ years.  The news of the pipeline explosion in Libya combined with increased US output has caused the boost.  International benchmark Brent crude rose $1.81, or 2.8%, to $67.06.  Additionally, U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
From our founder, Katie Mehnert.   2017 is winding down, and for many of us, it’s about time.   Time for change, something new, a fresh start. Time when most of us start drafting our resolutions for the new year.   But I don’t believe in resolutions. I got rid of them years ago and now focus on “evolutions.” What can I do today to make… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
David Feldman
Oil prices are predicted to close out 2017 around 15% up, and the market seems more stable than it has in years. The question is: What does 2018 have in store for us?   Many experts think 2018 will bring more of the same – inventory declines, moderate shale growth, a slow increase in oil prices and potentially the end of the OPEC deal. All this… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Mary Johnson
One of our favorite things to do at Pink Petro is to talk to our members. You all have incredible stories to tell, and we love helping you share them with the rest of this community.   Throughout this year, we have shared lots of those stories. Here’s a look back at some of our most popular.   Want to be featured on Pink Petro? Email… (Show more)
in News & Field Trips
Load more items