How Has Recent Market Volatility Affected Private Energy Companies?

Poll created by paula.waggoner Advocate on Mar 26, 2015

I am going to be talking about the impact of recent market volatility on Private Energy Companies (not traded) in a couple of weeks to a fairly diverse group.  The focus is primarily E&P, Oil Field Services, and Midstream.

For my research, I am getting out and talking to people to get a general reading what folks are seeing.  A reading of the "tea leaves" if you will.

I am interested in hearing perspectives from across the nation and internationally.  Likewise, I would like to hear from our Pink Petro community.

HERE IS THE QUESTION:  How has the recent market volatility affected Private Companies? 

If you don't work for a private company - how about your observations of your private customers or vendors?  Or non op partners?  Or businesses in your community - are the yards full of equipment? 

Please feel free to reply and elaborate.

General terms of reference is preferred (NO specific references to companies please - as a suggestion oil field drilling or oil field services or small E&P operator etc.).  If you could also identify regions that is also of interest to me.

I appreciate your feedback in advance.  I will not quote anyone individually.  Rather I will refer to feedback from source - a Pink Petro Poll.  Katie Mehnert Islin MunisteriJillian Sherburne Kimberly Smith Kimberly Wilson Krystal White

Thank YOU!

4 total votes You cannot vote on this poll
  • Do you see any private companies weathering the storm successfully?
  • How about any bright spots? What are they?
  • Increase in farm ins, earn outs, or other creative E&P financing?
  • Start-up activity? If so - traditional vs. technology? Or conventional vs. nonconventional?
  • New private company PE projects?
  • New financings?
  • More turnarounds or workouts?
  • Scaling down and waiting out?
  • Pivoting into customer markets downstream or non-energy markets?
  • Other - PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT