Sharpening the saw at Tibco Energy Forum
Please share when you have time.
today was the first day of the Tibco Energy Forum. My main interest was Spotfire, so those were the talks I attended. There were Technical tracts and business tracks for Spotfire as well as a track for other Tibco software. Tibco and some of their partners were also here and available to show their solutions.
With the current price constraints we face, many of us are looking to Business Intelligence/Analytics to do more with the data we have. So this conference was an excellent opportunity to learn about tools and solutions.
Oh next time post a pic, my friend. We love to see your shinning face
We're you able to find out anything in the conference that will be useful to you?
This was a very useful conference for me. Some of the useful items:
1. Networking: since this is a new focus area for me, I took this opportunity to meet people in the analytics and business intelligence arena.
2. Terminology: when I enter a new focus area, I love to capture buzz words, acronyms and terminology which are new to me. I then can research each of these and become familiar with each. I have a lot: PaaS, xPaaS, SaaS, Haddop, Hive, Spark, YARN, IoT, NiFi, MiNiFi, and so on.
3. Got some training on one tool that my team uses.
4. Heard some good ideas on how we might use analytics to gain efficiencies.
5. Learned about the people and skill sets that are needed to do this well.
I have just listed a few benefits. Additional benefits included being in Houston where I also got to see my sons and catch up with others in the industry who I haven't seen in a while.
Thanks for sharing.
I would be interested to know more about your business. If I have any resources that could benefit you, I would be happy to assist.
Retrieving data ...